a weekend in photos (and witty comments).

The fun invaded at about 3:30 on Friday afternoon: a phone call from one of our food donors in Durbanville, telling us there were 20 boxes of potato chips waiting to be picked up for us! So i hop in the car and scoot off to the Northern Suburbs. I get stuck in a random traffic jam that diverted all cars through a dirt field and onto another road. 

I ended up behind a car saying "Oops Baby Oops!!" Im not sure what he did, but it must have been double trouble.

Got to Durbanville. Crammed my 20 boxes of chips in the car. Won't be doing that again!

Brought them back to the happy campers...(who complained days later of potential MSG poisoning!)

Then I headed to Morituri, a fun and fancy place with the largest wax tower I've ever seen. Cool!!

Took a pic with Luigi to seal the deal, and laughed the night away with these two friends (It was Nicole's birthday, but she doesn't want anyone to know...so mum's the word)

Saturday morning brought a Family Day at Living Grace, where we get to meet the families of our clients, and they get to hear about our program. It's always special and often a real turning point in the program for the clients.

Raymond scared all the children in the play area with THIS sign!

Then Penny and I headed to Mr Price because Simon left money for Penny to pick out a purse for Christmas. Better late than never :)

I turned my back for 2 minutes, and Penny morphed into a pig-feeding cowgirl. She's headed to the farm!

Luckily she morphed back into the 10th Grade student she really is, and pumped out her 800 word essay on the Death Penalty WITHOUT having to be prompted. Who's growing into her Converse?!

Eeeearrrrlllyyyy Sunday morning, some friends and I hopped into her VW and drove up the West Coast to see...

THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN!!! I think we annoyed them with all our googly-eyes, but we just can't help it :)

So we went for a walk and ended up in front of an iron cross, taking our picture!

We found this cool tree.

And a wind surfing exhibition, which made for nice viewing while we sat on the sand dunes.

Then he carried me, and I felt like I was safe in the arms of Jesus.


Im really thankful for my life here in South Africa. I appreciate all of you who make it possible.
XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 in review (better late than never!)

another abundance.