Hep B and other victories!

I come to america and look what they do to me!!!

just joking! i had to get a Hepatitis B booster shot today. My doctor told me to do it 2 years ago, and I kinda didn't. I wasn't trying to be defiant, I just kept "meaning to". He saw that I hadn't had it done today, and in his gentle doctor way he said "You've been tarrying for 2 years." I felt like i was in Jane Austen novel... shame on me for tarrying! It was worth it to hear him say that :)

Today I realized that there are no good reasons to procrastinate. Seriously, I learned it today! There are such quick and easy (and legit) ways to get all the requirements needed for my visa application for South Africa IN South Africa. X-Rays, physical exams, etc. But for all SA's thriftiness, America takes the cake with FAST SERVICE for us procrastinators! 

So, today I also learned that in America, you can totally get away with procrastinating, and here's what I mean: In less that 24 hours, I got 2 cashier's check and letter from my bank (plus an hour long FREE counseling session with the VP of my bank/family friend), passport pics, my insurance card faxed from California in time for my doctor appointment this morning, an Xray to prove i dont have Tuberculosis, an injection, a full physical from my doctor, a proof of health insurance from Malaysia, Brentwood police clearance, and a letter from my church (had to be annoyingly persistent a bit for that one, but alls fair in love and war). Plus I ran/walked 4 miles, watched tv for 2 hours, finished a book, and slept 9 hours.

Are there more hours in a day in this country? America, I salute you. 
(And I promise not to do it again.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 in review (better late than never!)

another abundance.