I've fallen, and I can't read.

As my dear sweet clumsy luck would have it, Ive fallen down the stairs. Just what it took to get me to stop and rest, which is sad actually. But the worst part of it all, Im not allowed to read! Or watch TV! Or be on the computer (don't ask how this is getting typed!).
The truth is, those instructions were only for the 36 hours after the fall, because I broke my fall with my head and got a mild concussion. I was really groggy and had some memory loss. I was also very overwhelmed by life all of a sudden, because I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't see the way forward. I was so thankful for people like my parents, Joe Hudson, and folks at Lanny Holmes office who just made some decisions for me and helped me accept that it was time to rest.

This tells you how BAD I am at resting! At doing nothing. My idea of resting is reading a good book, or writing in my journal, or even cleaning my room and getting organized. Who knew that REST is actually when your Ridiculous Expectations Stop Talking, and you get a chance to just BE. I was bored out of my mind. Truly I was. Is this a problem? Should I be able to do nothing? I really want some feedback on this one.

These are just some of the books I wish I was reading:
Billy Graham's autobiography. This man is amazing and well on in years, and soon everyone is going to be reading this book. Like they did with CASH after Walk the Line came out.


Apparently this girl was a heroin addict (i just heard it from a friend) and I really want to read about her life. 


 Saw when stalking random people on Instagram (you see, some good comes out of mindless social media wanderings). I watched the book trailer and it looks awesome!


 Cause I need to learn this. Saw in an in-flight magazine when traveling to Oregon.


Trailer looks so FUN! I love books about food and people and laughter and recipes. Yummy!! 


Who doesn't love the Wangerin!? he's amazing! Have you never read anything by him? You must! This is one of many compilations of stories he has written. He's a brilliant storyteller. 


 Started it the day I landed in Nashville. It's fiction. Intense and really sad but I need fiction to balance out all this nonfiction angst Im diving into...


Cause Im in LOVE with an introvert, my dad's an introvert, my roommate in SA is an introvert, and I think alot of people in recovery are at heart. How do we balance love of solitude and isolation with healthy community and living with accountability? Im so eager to learn and be a support to those I love most.


And last but not least, two books written by my current hero, Brene Brown. She's amazing! The first one is her first book, presenting her findings on researching shame (how awesome is that!?), and the second is her third book, a continuation of her research findings. Im currently reading her second book "The Gifts of Imperfection". It's changing my life, people!


That's all from me. If you need me, you'll find me under a pile of books I cant open. Waaaahaaaaa, Cry me a River! :(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another abundance.

2012 in review (better late than never!)