My Ode to Life Group.

Simon and I are blessed with an AWESOME life group through Jubilee Community Church.  Simon joined this group about 3 years ago, and I followed suite once we were seriously dating. Simon and I have made life group a priority. By this I mean we do not find quick or sudden excuses to miss life group, even if we feel really tired or we have to rush on a Thursday to make it on time.
Last Thursday was one of those days when we had to rush. Penny was meeting us at the mall close to where life  group was happening.  We needed to stop and buy a birthday gift for Simons mom, I had to work late, we didnt have a dinner plan, Simon was leading worship and needed to prepare, and before the night even began I was STRESSING...unfortunately one of my more frequent sins.
So I called my friend Diana who was hosting life group that week to ask for a bit of help.  She and her husband Steve ended up taking us all in and feeding us, letting Penny meet at her house, and just letting us be part of their family. This is her oldest son Aaron helping Simon practice for worship!
Life group that night was so special because as people gathered together, it became clear some of us were really struggling in life. Two of us were facing incredible work stress, others were just tired and weary.  As we sang, shared, and prayed together the presence of God was SO real. That's what I love about life group, we have come to the point where we don't hide our brokenness and we can just pour it all out together, and receive mercy and grace in our time of need.  What happens to one of us happens to all of us. It is true family.

We love these people, and they love us.  My ode to life group comes from a full heart!  Thank you God for placing Simon and I in a church that we cant wait to get to each week. We are so blessed! 

"For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."  Romans 12.4-5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another abundance.

2012 in review (better late than never!)